Kids at St James
- Groups and Locations
- Creche (0-1) – in the creche room (at the top of the hall) with parent supervision or with parent in the service
- Age 3 to Kindergarten – Wynola (homestead building)
- Yr 1-3 – Wynola (homestead building)
- Yr 4-6 – Wynola (homestead building)
- What to bring?
- a water bottle for your child to have their own drink
- What not to bring?
- Items from home – toys, pens and pencils etc to reduce spread
- Health regulations
- Social distancing – As of July 1 kids and youth no longer need to practice social distance. Our leaders still need to practice social distancing with each other and with kids/youth.
- Hygiene and cleaning – all spaces will be cleaned after use. Any objects in regular use (ball, craft supplies, scissors etc) will be cleaned. Hand sanitiser will be provided on arrival to all spaces.
- Sickness – if your child is sick please keep them home.
Friday Kids Clubs
Each Friday afternoon local children gather with their friends in the Church grounds to enjoy an hour of fun filled games and craft along with Bible stories and discussions.
Kindergarten – Year 4 4:00pm-5:30pm
Year 5 & 6 5:00pm-6:30pm
We love to see new faces at Kids Clubs. You are welcome to pop by and visit us with no obligations. When you arrive there will be someone to meet you at the gate and give you directions. If you have any questions before then don’t hesitate to contact the office.
Cost: $2 per week.
Our parent café runs from 5pm each Friday for parents and grandparents.
Croydon Summer Club
A program for children in crèche to Yr 6 Croydon Summer Club is an annual Kid’s Holiday Program program run in January on the church grounds. A highlight of the year Croydon Summer Club is a place where kids learn about God, play games, make craft, sing songs and have fun! And it’s free!
Safe Ministry At St James
St James is committed to the highest standards of care and safety in our programmes for children and youth. All adult staff and volunteers in these programmes have a Working With Children Check as required by law. Additionally, they must also complete ‘Safe Ministry Training’ and have a refresher every 3 years. The church has a Safe Ministry Representative who monitors the currency and record-keeping for these accreditations.