Jesus Club is a program for adults with an intellectual disability of any kind. The group provides friendship and fun while sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with them in an accessible way. Join us! Carers and support workers are very welcome to stay and join us for the evening.
Fortnightly on Mondays – 6:30PM – 8:15PM
A typical Jesus Club meeting at St James begins with talking, games and singing. Using visual aids, a lesson is taught from the Bible, which we then discuss and reflect on – either as a group or in smaller “buddy groups”. The next activity is craft, followed by a light supper and sometimes more singing or games.
It’s a fun night for all, where genuine friendships are made – including friendship with God through Jesus.
If you are interested in joining us please contact the church office at email@example.com or 02 9798 6102.
- What can I expect? A friendly welcome, games, singing, a Bible talk, and activities.
- Who can come? Everyone is welcome, including carers and family members.
- When is it? We meet Mondays 6:30 – 8:15 pm fortnightly during school terms.
- Who runs this? A group of volunteers from St James Anglican church in partnership with Jesus Club Ministries
- What about safety? All of our volunteer leaders have completed Safe Ministry Training and have undergone a Working with Children Check screening process including reference checks. We provide a supportive and caring environment and tailor our evenings to provide our members with activities and food that suit their preferences.
Social Club brings together adults with intellectual disabilities and their carers / support workers / families for a night of fun. St James Church Croydon is hosting 4 Social Club events in 2023 open to the Inner West Community
Social Club will be held from 6:30pm – 8:15 pm in the Wynola Building at St James Anglican Church Croydon, 2 Highbury Street Croydon.
If you need help with transport or have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to call the church office on 9798 6102.
SOCIAL CLUB DATES 2023
- Monday 6th March Games Night
- Monday 29th May Disco Party
- Monday 21st August Movie Night
- Monday 13th November Christmas Party